Slow Cooker Tex-Mex Chicken
- COOK TIME
- 4 Hr 40 Min
This easy Slow Cooker Tex-Mex Chicken dish is warm and welcoming after a long day. The chicken thighs are super flavorful and pair perfectly with this healthy combo of veggies and seasonings.
What You'll Need:
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, visible fat removed, rinsed, and patted dry
1 (16-ounce) package frozen onion and pepper strips, thawed
1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 teaspoon ground cumin
What To Do:
- Coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat.
- Add thighs and brown on one side, reduce heat to medium, and brown other side; spray as needed. Remove from skillet.
- Add onions and peppers to skillet and cook until just tender.
- Transfer onions and peppers to 4- to 5-quart slow cooker and arrange thighs on top. Pour in 1/4 cup water and tomatoes.
- Cook on LOW 4 hours and stir in cumin. Cook an additional 30 minutes, or until thighs are very tender.
Enjoy even more of our favorite slow cooker dishes with our collection of Diabetic Slow Cooker Recipes: Our 5 Best Slow Cooker Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
.01 09 17.