Slow-Cooked Tuscan Pork Chops
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 pork chop
- COOK TIME
- 8 Hr
Pork chops are always a family favorite, and when we put them in the slow cooker and give them an Italian flair, they are even better! Your gang will go gaga for these Slow-Cooked Tuscan Pork Chops.
What You'll Need:
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
6 bone-in pork chops, cut 1/2-inch think (about 2-1/2 lbs.)
2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons cold water
4 ounces cooked orzo, kept warm
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, combine Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place onion in a 5- to 6-qt. slow cooker. Add half of the pork chops over onions. Sprinkle with half of the seasoning mixture. Repeat layering with remaining pork chops and seasoning mixture.Top with undrained tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. Add zucchini pieces.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-9 hours, or on HIGH for 4-1/2 hours.
- Transfer meat and vegetables to a serving platter; cover and keep warm.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together cornstarch and cold water. Add in cooking juices from slow cooker. Cook and stir together until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 2 more minutes. Serve over meat and vegetables, with orzo on the side.
Enjoy even more of our favorite slow cooker dishes in our collection of Diabetic Slow Cooker Recipes: Our 5 Best Slow Cooker Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
.09 21 16.