Strawberry Spinach Salad
- 15 Min
What a colorful and fun way to get your daily dose of fruit and veggies! This nutrition-packed Strawberry Spinach Salad with its plump berry-patch beauties atop a bed of fresh spinach just might make those finicky eaters take notice!
What You'll Need
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, cleaned and sliced lengthwise 1/4-inch thick (see Notes)
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
What to Do
- Rinse spinach leaves and remove stems. Dry well then tear into bite-sized pieces; place spinach in a large bowl and add strawberries.
- In a small bowl, combine onion, sugar, water, vinegar, mustard, and oil. Whisk until well combined. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
If you want to make this salad ahead of time, prepare the spinach, strawberries, and dressing and keep chilled in separate containers until ready to toss and serve. If you prefer, you can substitute a can of drained mandarin oranges for the strawberries.
Read NextFarm Stand Salad