Chef Salad Skewers
- 10 Min
Chef salads are known to be hearty, thanks to all the filling lunch meat included. However, all that cheese and heavy dressing can undo a healthy start. Our Chef Salad Skewers take the best part of a chef salad, lightened it up and put it on a skewer, upping the health and portability factors.
What You'll Need
- 4 slices low-sodium deli smoked ham
- 4 slices low-sodium deli turkey
- 4 slices (2 ounces) Cheddar cheese
- 1 small head iceburg lettuce, cut into 12 chunks
- 1 large tomato, cut into 12 chunks
- 6 (10-inch) skewers
What to Do
Place ham slices on a work surface and top with a slice of turkey, then cheese. Starting at the narrow end, tightly roll up jelly-roll style and slice each roll into three equal pieces.
- Alternately thread each skewer with two each of the roll-up pieces, lettuce chunks, and tomato chunks. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
If you'd like, just before serving, drizzle lightly with your favorite redecued-fat salad dressing.
Read Next11 Healthy Meatball Recipes
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Calories 120
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4g 8 %
- Saturated Fat 3.2g 16 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 11g 23 %
- Cholesterol 27mg 9 %
- Sodium 247mg 10 %
- Total Carbohydrates 7.5g 2 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.1g 8 %
- Sugars 4.9g 0 %