Down-Home Shredded Pork
Updated February 10, 2016
- SERVING SIZE
- About 4 ounces
- COOK TIME
- 4 Hr 15 Min
This diabetes-friendly recipe for Down-Home Shredded Pork gets its special flavor from the Test Kitchen's secret recipe: diet root beer! Pair it with some coleslaw and you've got a meal that can't be beat!
What You'll Need:
1 (2-pound) package pork tenderloin, trimmed, rinsed, and patted dry (2 per package)
1 cup diet root beer
onion, thinly sliced
cup barbecue sauce
What To Do:
- Coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, brown both tenderloins on all sides.
- Pour root beer into a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Add pork and onion, and pour barbecue sauce on top.
- Cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours, or until pork easily breaks apart. Using 2 forks, shred pork in slow cooker, mixing with sauce.
- To make your own low-carb barbecue sauce, whisk together 1/2 cup reduced-sugar ketchup, 1/4 cup cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon molasses, and 1 teaspoon dry barbecue seasoning mix. Store in refrigerator until ready to use. Makes 3/4 cup.
- Serve on Bibb lettuce with shredded carrot and scallion to make a tasty lettuce wrap.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
.06 22 16.