Bow Ties 'n' Veggies
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Plenty of fresh veggies are not only good for us, but they go a long way in stretching our dishes. Enjoy your favorite pasta with this rainbow of hearty helpers, and we promise it will become a family fave!
What You'll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 of a red onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 (3-ounce) package sun-dried tomatoes, reconstituted and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh baby spinach, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
What to Do
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and asparagus and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in the wine, sun-dried tomatoes, salt, and pepper, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the half-and-half and cook until heated through.
- Toss the sauce, spinach, and basil into the pasta until well combined. Serve immediately.
Read NextThree Cheese Macaroni and Cheese