Three Cheese Macaroni and Cheese
Updated June 20, 2017
- SERVING SIZE
- 3/4 cup
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 25 Min
If you're a fan of extra-creamy and cheesy, then you're going to love our Three Cheese Macaroni and Cheese. This healthier take on your favorite American classic uses a special ingredient to take it over the top!
What You'll Need:
1 pound butternut squash
2 tablespoons margarine
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
teaspoon black pepper
1 cup fat-free milk
cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
cup reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
8 ounces whole grain elbow macaroni (about 2 cups), cooked according to package directions
4 slices muenster cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place squash on baking sheet.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until a knife can easily pierce squash; let cool until able to handle, then cut in half. Scoop flesh from squash halves; discard skin. Mash squash and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt margarine. Whisk in flour, salt, and pepper until combined. Add milk, whisking until smooth. Cook until thickened and bubbly, stirring often. Add mozzarella and Cheddar cheeses and whisk until cheeses are melted. Stir in squash and add pasta; stir until coated.
- Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Place mixture in baking dish and top with muenster cheese slices.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until cheese is golden and casserole is bubbly.
If you loved this dinner recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Healthy Pasta Recipes; 6 of Our Best Pasta Dinner Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
.12 02 16.