Patty's Pizza-Stuffed Squash
You've heard of stuffed pizza before, but have you ever tried pizza-stuffed squash? Patty's Pizza Stuffed Squash recipe delivers great pizzeria taste while still being a healthier alternative for a diabetic-friendly diet!
What You'll Need
- 1 spaghetti squash, cut in half and seeds removed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2
teaspoon garlic powder, divided
teaspoon black pepper
cup onion, chopped
cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
cup pizza sauce
cup low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices pepperoni
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Brush the inside of each squash with 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder and black pepper. Place the squash cut-side-down on baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, and remaining garlic, and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in pizza sauce.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the cavity of the squash. Sprinkle with cheese, then top with pepperoni. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until heated through.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 2
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.