Chunky Tomato Sauce
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Some like their pasta sauce smooth, some like it chunky! If you're a lover of lots of tasty texture then you'll surely want to toss your pasta in our Chunky Tomato Sauce.
What You'll Need
- 3 cups frozen chopped onion, celery, bell pepper, and parsley blend
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 (6-ounce) can no-salt tomato paste
- 2 cups water, plus extra as needed
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
What to Do
- Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray. Over medium heat, cook onion mixture and carrots 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together tomato paste and 2 cups water until smooth. Add tomato paste mixture and diced tomatoes to saucepan. Add small amounts of water, as needed, until sauce reaches desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
Read NextSpicy Red Sauce