Hearty Mushroom Tomato Sauce
Our homemade Hearty Mushroom Tomato Sauce runs rings around store-bought. Using lots of garden fresh ingredients boasting lots of healthy benefits, this one is a winner.
What You'll Need
- 3 cups frozen chopped onion, celery, bell pepper, and parsley blend
- 1 1/2
cup mushroom slices
- 1 (6-ounce) can no-salt tomato paste
- 2 cups water, plus extra as needed
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
What to Do
- Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray. Over medium heat, cook frozen vegetable mixture about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in mushrooms and cook just until vegetables become tender. Spray as needed to prevent sticking.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together tomato paste and 2 cups water until smooth. Add tomato paste mixture and diced tomatoes to saucepan. Add small amounts of water, as needed, until sauce reaches desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.