My Favorite Spaghetti Squash
One bite of this veggie side dish and everyone at the table will be saying "This is My Favorite Spaghetti Squash!" If you're unfamiliar with spaghetti squash recipes, this is definitely the place to start. We've made this low-carb dish a little cheesy, a little creamy, and a lot flavorful, so that everyone at the table will enjoy!
What You'll Need
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
What to Do
- Place spaghetti squash in a soup pot with an inch of water. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook 25 to 30 minutes, or until a knife can be inserted into the center. Remove from pot and cool slightly. Cut squash in half lengthwise, remove seeds, and using a fork, scrape out strands of squash.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine 3 cups squash and remaining ingredients; mix well. Place mixture in baking dish.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until browned on top and heated through.
Test Kitchen Tip
- Save any remaining for other spaghetti squash recipes, like our Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Tart, Spaghetti Squash Chicken Alfredo and Patty's Pizza-Stuffed Squash.
- Want even more delicious veggie side dishes? Then you've got to check out our collection of Addictive Vegetable Side Dishes: 21 Healthy Vegetable Recipes.
- You know what would go great with My Favorite Spaghetti Squash? Our delicious Italian-Style Zucchini With Tomatoes!