My Favorite Spaghetti Squash
One bite of this veggie side dish and everyone at the table will be saying "This is My Favorite Spaghetti Squash!" We've made this low-carb dish a little cheesy, a little creamy, and a lot flavorful, so that everyone at the table will enjoy!
What You'll Need
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
What To Do
- Place spaghetti squash in a soup pot with an inch of water. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook 25 to 30 minutes, or until a knife can be inserted into the center. Remove from pot and cool slightly. Cut squash in half lengthwise, remove seeds, and using a fork, scrape out strands of squash.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine 3 cups squash and remaining ingredients; mix well. Place mixture in baking dish.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until browned on top and heated through.
- Save any remaining squash for use another time.
- We've got even more great veggie recipes in our collection of Addictive Vegetable Side Dishes: 21 Healthy Vegetable Recipes.