Berry Dessert Topping
- COOK TIME
- 1 Min
This berry-licious dessert sauce is so versatile, you'll want to keep this healthy recipe close at hand. Enjoy our Berry Dessert Topping over any of our other diabetes-friendly recipes anytime!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups fresh berries, washed when ready to use (see Note)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan, dissolve brown sugar in water. Add berries and bring to a boil. Quickly reduce heat to low and simmer until berries are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Remove 1/4 cup hot liquid and cool slightly in a small bowl. Stir in cornstarch until it dissolves and transfer back to saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer and stir until mixture thickens, about 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice.
- NOTE: Use any of your favorite berries. If using strawberries, hull and slice them, otherwise leave small berries whole.
Read NextSpicy Red Sauce