- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
Homemade pesto is so fresh-tasting, and our Guilt-Free Pesto is a version that anyone with diabetes can enjoy. Using a lighter oil, like olive oil makes the tasty difference!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 4 teaspoons crushed basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
What to Do
- In a small dry skillet over low heat, toast pine nuts until they brown lightly, stirring occasionally. Do not burn; let cool.
- Place pine nuts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap on a cutting board and use a rolling pin to crush. (You can also use a mortar and pestle).
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Read NextSpicy Red Sauce