21 (makes 42)
- COOK TIME
These Mocha Meringues are a great diabetes treat that has everyone's favorite combination of chocolate and coffee. The light and crunchy appeal of these low-carb goodies are simply hard to resist!
What You'll Need
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
teaspoon cream of tartar
cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 4 (1-ounce) squares, semi-sweet baking chocolate, chopped
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold in confectioners' sugar.
- In a small bowl, stir coffee granules into warm water until dissolved. Gently fold into meringue. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake on bottom oven rack 35 to 40 minutes or until dry. Turn off oven and leave meringues for 45 to 50 minutes, or until dry. Store in an airtight container and do not refrigerate.
- In a saucepan on lowest heat, melt chocolate, stirring often; do not overheat. Remove from heat and stir until smooth. Dip bottoms of each meringue into chocolate, allowing excess to drip back into saucepan. Place on wax paper-lined baking sheets. Let stand in a cool place until set. Do not refrigerate.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 21
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.