Across The Border Quesadillas
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
We've packed these lively-tasting Mexican-style cheesy melts with lots of lighter south-of-the border tastes. Our Across The Border Quesadillas are sure to turn any meal into a fiesta.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup mild or medium salsa, divided
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 12 (8-inch) low-carb whole wheat tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
What to Do
In a small bowl, mash beans with a fork; combine with 1/4 cup salsa, and cumin.
Spray tortillas on both sides with cooking spray. Spoon bean mixture evenly on 6 tortillas, spreading almost to edges. Sprinkle evenly with cheese, scallions, and cilantro. Top with remaining tortillas.
Coat a medium skillet with cooking spray; preheat over medium heat until hot. Place 1 quesadilla on griddle and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until it begins to brown. Turn and cook 1 to 2 additional minutes. Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
Cut each quesadilla into 6 wedges and serve hot with remaining salsa.
Read NextItalian Veggie Parmesan