Updated January 23, 2018
- SERVING SIZE
- 1/2 an egg
- 10 Min
The next time you're invited to a get-together bring along a plate of Southern Deviled Eggs. This deviled egg recipe is a simple one and calls for some of our favorite, classic ingredients, like mayo and sweet pickle relish. It's a recipe any Southern granny would approve of!
What You'll Need:
6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish, patted dry
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Paprika for sprinkling
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, combine egg yolks, mayonnaise, relish, and mustard, mix well.
- Fill egg white halves with yolk mixture and place on platter. Sprinkle with paprika, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Before You Start Cooking!
- Southern Deviled Eggs are one of our favorite, but if you want to switch it up, check out these other Deviled Eggs Recipes!
- These Southern Cooking Recipes are perfect for your next Southern-inspired party!
- Check out this How to Peel an Egg video to ensure you're deviled eggs are smooth!
- Fun Fact!
- The term "deviled" was basically used in reference to food that had a zesty or spicy flavoring. Though the recipe has evolved and varied, the term has stayed the same. An egg by any other name? What would you have named deviled eggs if it had invented the recipe?
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
.05 12 17.