Garden Veggie Muffins
- SERVING SIZE
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
A basket of our Garden Veggie Muffins adds a dose of health and wellness to any meal they accompany. Plus, they come perfectly portion-controlled so you can stay on target with your diabetes diet.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 a green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, shredded (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 1/4 cup whole-wheat dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 6-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine onion, carrots, green pepper, zucchini, cheese, bread crumbs, garlic powder, dill, salt, and black pepper; mix well. Add eggs and mix until thoroughly combined. Spoon batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Read NextZucchini Corn Bread Pie