Updated December 15, 2017
- 5 (makes 10)
- SERVING SIZE
The next time you make a sandwich, a hamburger, or any other meal that involves slices of bread, try it on Cloud Bread. Cloud Bread is a totally gluten-free, low-carb, low-calorie, and low-fat bread alternative. It's a healthier choice that looks like a fluffy cloud and tastes so good! Cloud Bread pizza, anyone?
What You'll Need:
3 eggs, separated
3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon sugar
teaspoon cream of tartar
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix egg yolks, cream cheese, and sugar until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream of tartar with egg whites; beat with an electric mixer on high speed until fluffy and stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg yolk mixture into egg white mixture until well combined. Spoon mixture into 10 even rounds on baking sheets.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- How to Store Cloud Bread: The best way to store this healthy bread recipe is in an airtight container.
- How to Freeze Cloud Bread: After letting cool and storing in airtight container, freeze. Thaw the frozen bread before warming it up in the oven. Note that the bread will take on a softer texture after being frozen.
- What to Eat with Cloud Bread: Anything! Think of it as a bread substitute. You can eat it as-is, with your favorite spread, or even put sandwich fixin's between them. You can even try making a cloud bread pizza! It's up to you! If you find that you need your bread to be a little more firm, allow it to sit overnight first.
- We've got more easy low-carb bread recipes! Check out our recipe for Easy English Muffin or Cheese Biscuits.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
.04 24 17.