Chocolate & Oatmeal Brownies
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
The secret to our delicious Chocolate & Oatmeal Brownies is in the name! Rolled oats give these brownies a boost of nutrition, while plenty of chocolate will satisfy any sweet tooth. But not to worry, we've used diabetic-friendly ingredients, too, so you can keep these on your "safe" list.
What You'll Need
- 2/3 cup Splenda brown sugar
- 2/3 cup tub-style vegetable oil spread
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup liquid egg substitute, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/4 cup Splenda baking blend
- 1/4 cup Canola oil
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking rolled oats
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine Splenda, vegetable oil spread and baking soda; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until well mixed, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in 1/4 cup of the liquid egg, then 1 1/2 cups flour. Stir in 1 1/2 cups oats. Set aside 1/2 cup of the oat mixture. Spread remaining oat mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Bake 12 minutes or until crust is just set.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining 1/2 cup liquid egg, granulated sugar and oil. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and chocolate chips.Pour and spread evenly over partially baked crust.
- Stir nuts and 2 tbsp oats into reserved oat mixture - mixture may be a little soft. Crumble over the top of mixture in baking pan. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until the top is puffed and set. Cool completely in a pan on a wire rack. Cut into 24 bars and serve.
Read NextBlack Bean Brownies