Updated May 18, 2018
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
This restaurant-fancy chicken recipe is one you'll want to use when you really want to impress company! We think the layer of mushrooms and flavorful sauce really add an extra-special flair to our Alice Springs Chicken. The best part? You can whip this up in just 30 minutes!
What You'll Need
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1/2
cup sliced mushrooms
cup diced lean ham or Canadian bacon
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
teaspoon garlic powder
teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can low sodium reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
cup reduced-fat milk
teaspoon dried thyme
teaspoon onion powder
cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil; saute mushrooms and ham 5 to 7 minutes, or until they begin to brown.
- Sprinkle chicken on both sides with garlic powder and pepper; place in baking dish. Spoon mushroom mixture evenly over chicken.
- In a medium bowl, whisk soup, milk, thyme, and onion powder. Spoon over mushroom layer. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- This diabetic chicken dinner sure does cook up fast! Be sure to check out our collection of 20 Minute Chicken Dinner Recipes for even more quick & easy options.
This lightened-up version of Alice Springs Chicken is one of our favorite "copycat" recipes, and we're always looking for more ideas. Leave a comment and let us know what "copycat" recipe you'd like to see!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Calories from Fat
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.