Garlic-Crusted Cornish Hens
- COOK TIME
1 Hr 30 Min
This easy recipe for Garlic-Crusted Cornish Hens is a perfectly tasty way to mix up your ordinary dinner routine.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (1-pound) Cornish hens
- 16 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Place the Cornish hens in the roasting pan. Place the garlic evenly over the hens, then spoon the oil mixture over them.
- Roast uncovered for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, or until no pink remains in the hens and their juices run clear, basting every 20 minutes.
- Serve whole, or cut each hen in half before serving.
Did you know… that these are also known as Rock Cornish game hens? They're simply miniature chickens weighing between 1 and 2 pounds. If they're not available in the fresh meat case, you should find them in the frozen foods section.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.