- SERVING SIZE
- 3-ounce chicken and 1 cup vegetables
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Just because you are cooking low-carb chicken recipes doesn't mean they have to be low in flavor! Our Stoplight Chicken is not only delicious, but eye-catching, too, and you can have it on your table in just minutes!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat Italian dressing, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 6 bell peppers (2 red, 2 green, 2 yellow), cut into thin strips
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach, washed and trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
What to Do
Pour 1/2 cup of Italian dressing into a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, seal and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
Heat a large grill pan over high heat until hot. Place chicken in pan, discarding marinade, and cook or 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until no pink remains. Remove chicken from pan; set aside. Add peppers, garlic powder, and black pepper to pan and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Return chicken to pan and cook until heated through.
- Place spinach in a large bowl and add chicken mixture, and remaining 1/4 cup Italian dressing; toss well. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired, and serve immediately.
Read NextCrispy Oven Fried Chicken