Breakfast Veggie Casserole
- SERVING SIZE
- 1/2 cup
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
This easy Breakfast Veggie Casserole is the perfect healthy breakfast recipe for getting everyone up and moving about. Best part? There's not much work to it!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups liquid egg substitute
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, torn into 1-inch chunks
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Coat a medium skillet with cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, cook broccoli, bell pepper, and onion 4 to 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, combine egg substitute, milk, cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper; mix well. Stir in vegetables.
- Place bread pieces in prepared casserole; top with vegetable mixture.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Read NextMushroom and Spinach Egg Bake