Italian Sausage Frittata
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 slice
- COOK TIME
- 18 Min
A low-carb breakfast doesn't have to leave you hungry. The proof is in our Italian Sausage Frittata. With bell peppers, mushrooms, onions and tomatoes, this good-for-you frittata will leave you satisfied. Plus, thanks to all those flavorful veggies, nobody will ever suspect the sneaky swap of turkey sausage.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tomato, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 cup cooked turkey sausage crumbles
- 1 1/2 cups egg substiute
- 1/4 cup fat-free half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
What to Do
- In a large, nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook green pepper, onion, mushrooms and tomatoes for 6 to 8 minutes or until tender. Stir in sausage and cook for 1 minute.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg substitute, half-and-half and pepper. Pour over sausage mixture, cover, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until set on top.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and cover for 1 minute or until cheese melts. Cut into 8 wedges.
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our collection, The Best Diabetes Breakfast Recipes: 10 Egg Breakfast Recipes.
Read NextMushroom and Spinach Egg Bake