Healthier Homemade Crepes
- SERVING SIZE
Many families save pancakes and crepe recipes for Sunday. Well, with our Healthier Homemade Crepes, you can have them anytime you want? Whether for breakfast, brunch, or you can even make this crepe recipe when you want to change up the dinner menu. No matter when you make them, the whole family will be wanting more!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients until smooth.
- Coat an 8-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat until hot. Pour in 1/4 cup batter and rotate pan so batter covers entire surface.
- When surface looks dry and edges brown, carefully turn crepe with spatula and cook other side just until lightly browned. Carefully remove crepe with spatula or invert skillet over wax or parchment paper so crepe will slide out. Place wax paper between crepes if not serving immediately.
- Spray skillet as needed and frequently stir batter before cooking, until all crepes are made.
Test Kitchen Tip
- Wrapped airtight, crepes can be refrigerated 3 days or frozen for later use. Add your favorite filling and serve. This recipe will take some practice, so expect to use one recipe to learn how to make a perfect crepe. Your family and friends will really be impressed!
- Love crepe recipes? Then we bet you'll also love our Rolled Pancakes, or these yummy Southern Johnny Cakes!
- Really top breakfast off with our Homemade Breakfast Sausage! The family will feel like they're at a 5-star restaurant!
Read NextTomato, Bacon, and Cheddar Grits