- 10 cakes
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 cake
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Originally known as "journey cakes" or "hoecakes," this classic favorite was so named for it's long-keeping qualities. We'd like to think our Southern Johnny Cakes keep just as long, but we wouldn't know since we just gobble 'em up soon as they're ready!
What You'll Need:
cup whole wheat flour
1 cup self-rising cornmeal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup hot reduced fat milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Stir in the eggs, milk, vanilla, and butter. Don't overmix!
- Heat a griddle over medium-high heat about 2 minutes. Coat with cooking spray.
- Drop 1/4 cup batter per pancake on hot griddle. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
- If you want to a little extra sweetness, serve 'em up with some sugar-free maple syrup!
- Our Rolled Pancakes are another tasty breakfast opion! Give 'em a try!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
.04 03 17.