All-in-One Mexican Salad
Updated April 10, 2020
- COOK TIME
Our All-in-One Mexican Salad has the same great taste of a taco with the ease and nutrition of a salad. It not only fits perfectly within a diabetes diet, but also looks good enough to be the centerpiece of your table!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 (1-ounce) low-sodum package dry taco seasoning mix
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded (about 8 cups)
cup reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (16-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
cup black olives
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 (8-ounce) bag baked tortilla chips, crushed
- 1 cup low-fat salad dressing
What to Do
In a medium skillet, brown ground turkey with taco seasoning mix, stirring to break up the meat; drain and cool.
In a large glass trifle or other serving bowl, layer half the lettuce then half the cheese, beans, olives, ground beef, and tomatoes. Repeat layers then top with crushed tortilla chips.
Just before serving, drizzle with dressing and toss to coat ingredients well.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.