- SERVING SIZE
- 3 shrimp and 1 cup rice mixture
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
Paella (pronounced pie-ay-yuh) is traditionally made with a variety of meats, shellfish, and veggies, each prepared separately before being combined in one big pot. Our lightened up version of One-Pot Paella version is much easier, since everything cooks together!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound turkey sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) no-salt-adeed canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (8-ounce) bottles clam juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
What to Do
- Coat a soup pot with nonstick cooking spray. Cook the turkey sausage over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, and thyme. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the rice, water, tomatoes and their juice, the clam juice, and turmeric; mix well. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp; cook for 5 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and cooked through, the rice is tender, and no liquid remains.
Looking for more great one-pot dinners? Then be sure to check out our collection of Healthy One-Pot Meals: 6 Easy Diabetic Dinner Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 286
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0g 6 %
- Saturated Fat 0.9g 5 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 22g 44 %
- Cholesterol 76mg 25 %
- Sodium 1,002mg 42 %
- Total Carbohydrates 44g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.5g 10 %
- Sugars 3.4g 0 %