Roasted Saucy Brisket
- COOK TIME
- 3 Hr
Everyone loves brisket because it's a magical way to transform an inexpensive cut of meat into something spectacular! We love it cause it's a one-pot wonder and can be prepared healthfully. Just be sure to start with plenty of time!
What You'll Need
- 1 (4-pound) fresh brisket of beef
- 3 small onions, quartered
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, cleaned and halved
- 10 cloves garlic
- 2 cups water
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place brisket in large roasting pan that has ben coated with cooking spray; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine onions, mushroms, garlic, water, tomato paste, salt, and pepper. Pour over meat. Place bay leaf into sauce in pan.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and cook 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until brisket is fork tender. When brisket is completely cooked, slice it across grain; return it to pan and cook an additional 5 minutes.
Looking for more great one-pot dinners? Then be sure to check out our collection of Healthy One-Pot Meals: 6 Easy Diabetic Dinner Recipes.
Read NextTomato and Black Bean Chicken