Italian One Pot
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr
Fast, flavorful, and filling, our Italian One Pot is a meal in itself! But if you'd like, serve it up with a garden salad or a steamed green veggie, and get ready for a truly homestyle feast!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound beef flank steak, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers (1 red and 1 green), thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
- 1 (26-ounce) jar light spaghetti sauce*
- 1/2 cup water
What to Do
In a soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the steak; sauté for 6 to 8 minutes, until browned.
Add the bell peppers, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, and mushrooms; sauté for 8 to 10 minutes, or just until the vegetables are tender.
Add the spaghetti sauce and water; mix well. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 45 minutes, or until the steak is tender.
*To make this a gluten-free recipe, use gluten-free spaghetti sauce.
Read NextTomato and Black Bean Chicken