"Pear-fect" Pear Strudel
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
This "Pear-fect" Pear Strudel is just the dessert you need when you've got company coming over, or when you're looking to impress your gang at home. This fancy-looking pear strudel is simple to put together and tastes like an autumn dream.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (from a 17.3-ounce package)
- 4 pears, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, divided
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute, divided
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl, mix sugar substitute and cinnamon; reserve 1 teaspoon of mixture. Place pastry on a baking sheet and unfold.
- Coat a medium skillet with cooking spray and over medium heat, saute pears 2 to 3 minutes, or until soft. Place in a large bowl and add sugar substitute mixture and 1 tablespoon almonds; mix well.
- Spoon pear mixture down center of dough. Cut slits in dough 1 inch apart lengthwise down each side of filling. Brush each 1-inch strip with egg substitute and crisscross strips over filling. Brush top of pastry with egg substitute, sprinkle with remaining almonds, and reserved sugar substitute mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm, or cool before serving.
We used Truvia for our sugar substitute in our Test Kitchen.
Read NextMini Apple Pie Tarts
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 143
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7g 10 %
- Saturated Fat 3.0g 15 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.7g 5 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 85mg 4 %
- Total Carbohydrates 21g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.9g 11 %
- Sugars 7.2g 0 %