- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
If you're a big fan of oven-'frying,' you'll love these island-style shrimp. No matter how pressed for time you are, it's just as fast to bake our Coco-Loco Shrimp in the oven as it is to fill your pan with lots of oil and fry them - and a lot healthier, too!
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper*
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, finely chopped
- 40 large uncooked shrimp (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled and deveined, tails left on
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, red pepper, and salt. In another small bowl, whisk together the egg whites, honey, and lime juice. Place the coconut in a shallow dish.
- Dip the shrimp in the cornstarch mixture then the egg mixture, and roll in the coconut, coating completely. Place the shrimp on the baking sheet and lightly spray the tops with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and the coconut is lightly toasted.
*To make this a gluten-free recipe, use seasoning with no added starch from a gluten-containing source, and nonstick cooking spray with no flour added.
Read NextCrab Cakes
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 106
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6g 4 %
- Saturated Fat 1.9g 9 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 7.8g 16 %
- Cholesterol 59mg 20 %
- Sodium 333mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 13g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g 2 %
- Sugars 3.0g 0 %