Updated May 17, 2018
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
Instead of reaching for a snack that's full of fat and empty calories, reach for a nutritious and delicious option, like our Eggplant Pizza Chips. They'll satisfy your pizza cravings, but in a much healthier way!
What You'll Need
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4
cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups light spaghetti sauce
cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. In a shallow dish, beat the eggs with the water and the pepper. Place the bread crumbs in another shallow dish. Line 2 large baking sheets with aluminum foil and coat generously with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Dip each eggplant round in the egg mixture, then in the bread crumbs, coating completely. Place on the baking sheets in a single layer, then spray the tops with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes, then turn the slices over and spray the other side with the nonstick cooking spray; bake for 15 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place about 1 tablespoon spaghetti sauce on each. Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese and return to the oven for 4 to 5 more minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese is melted.
You can substitute other kinds of cheese, if you'd prefer, and if you want to serve these 'naked,' just leave off the spaghetti sauce
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Calories from Fat
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.