- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
Tex-Mex cuisine is all the rage, and just 'cause you're on a diabetic diet doesn't mean you can't enjoy the south-of-the-border flavor of our lighter version of Tex-Mex Chilies.
What You'll Need
- 2 poblano chilies, split in half and seeds removed, with stems on, rinsed, drained, and patted dry
- 1 cup reduced-fat cottage cheese, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded Colby-Jack cheese
What to Do
- Preheat broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place chilies on prepared baking sheet; broil 4 to 5 inches from broiler, turning occasionally, until outer skin loosens. Remove and seal in plastic bag. When cool, carefully peel skin away.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch-square baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange chilies in prepared baking dish. Spoon cottage cheese into chilies and sprinkle with scallions and shredded cheese.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Read NextSkinny Eggplant Parmigiana
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 95
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7g 6 %
- Saturated Fat 2.2g 11 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 11g 23 %
- Cholesterol 12mg 4 %
- Sodium 327mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 4.0g 1 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g 3 %
- Sugars 2.7g 0 %