Layered Pineapple Cherry Squares
- CHILL TIME
- COOK TIME
Cherries and coconut come together in our Layered Pineapple Cherry Squares to make a fruity and delicious dessert. Plus, by using store-bought crescent dough, we've lightened the work load so you can throw these together in a jiffy.
What You'll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) can reduced-fat refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 (8-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons Splenda
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 package (4-serving) sugar-free vanilla cook & serve pudding mix
- 1 package (4-serving) sugar-free cherry gelatin
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can tart red cherries, packed in water, drained and liquid reserved
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, packed in juice, drained and liquid reserved
- 1 1/2
cup lite frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 tablespoons flaked coconut
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Unroll dough and press to cover bottom of 10-inch x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, Splenda, and coconut extract. Spread evenly over cooled crust.
- In a medium saucepan, combine dry pudding mix, and dry gelatin. Add enough water to reserved cherry and pineapple liquids to make 1-1/4 cups liquid. Add to pudding mixture; mix well to combine. Stir in cherries and pineapple. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and starts to boil. Remove from heat and let cool completely. When cool, spread mixture evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Spread whipped topping evenly over cherry filling. Evenly sprinkle coconut over top.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.