Orange Walnut Mini Muffins
- SERVING SIZE
- COOK TIME
Because we use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour, we've increased the amount of dietary fiber and lowered the calories in our Orange Walnut Mini Muffins.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup sugar
cup (1/2 stick) light butter
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
teaspoon vanilla extract*
teaspoon ground cinnamon*
- 2 cups whole wheat flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
cup freshly squeezed orange juice
cup chopped walnuts
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat mini muffin pans with cooking spray.*
- In a medium bowl, cream the sugar and butter. Add the egg, orange peel, vanilla extract, and cinnamon; mix well.
- In another medium bowl, combine the flour and baking soda. Add the flour mixture, orange juice, and water to the sugar mixture; stir until well combined. Stir in the walnuts then distribute the mixture evenly into the mini muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
- To make this a gluten-free recipe, use gluten-free extract, seasoning with no added starch from a gluten-containing source, cooking spray with no flour added, and, for the all-purpose flour: 1-1/2 cups rice flour plus 1/2 cup cornstarch.
- The great thing about these yummy muffins is that you can freeze them, and then take out a few at a time!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 30
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.