Country Broccoli-Chicken Casserole
Updated February 21, 2020
- SERVING SIZE
- COOK TIME
This country-style casserole may just get your family to start eating their broccoli more often. Our Country Broccoli-Chicken Casserole is an all-in-one, healthier-for-you casserole recipe that's creamy and delicious!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2
cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli, steamed
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 1/4
cup reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil; saute onion and mushrooms 3 to 5 minutes, or just until soft. Stir in rice and place in casserole dish. Place an even layer of broccoli over rice.
- In a medium bowl, combine soup, sour cream, 1 cup cheese, the mustard, garlic powder, and pepper; mix well. Stir in chicken until evenly coated. Spoon mixture over broccoli and top with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake 35 minutes. Uncover and continue baking 10 minutes, or until hot in center.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.