Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
- SERVING SIZE
- 1/2 cup
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
If you love the taste of a loaded baked potato, but can't fit it into your diabetic diet, then you're going to love this healthier-for-you recipe for Loaded Cauliflower Casserole. We swapped the potato for cauliflower and kept all the same toppings you love, so you can enjoy your favorite flavors without the guilt!
What You'll Need
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into large pieces (4 to 5 cups chopped)
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 1-1/2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large pot of boiling water, place cauliflower in a steamer basket; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, sour cream, 1 cup cheese, half the scallions, half the bacon, and the pepper; mix well. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining bacon and scallions and serve.
Versatility for Your Lifestyle
We know finding recipes can be a challenge when you're living with diabetes, and we always suggest speaking with a doctor or nutritionist to find out your dietary guidelines. That's why we strive to bring versatile recipes to our website, like our fan-favorite Loaded Cauliflower Casserole. And, just like with any recipes, we know all of our diabetic-friendly recipes don't work for everyone's lifestyle, but we strive to create versatile and delicious options, and we hope you're able to use some of those options in your meal plan.
Healthy Chicken Recipes
What's Your Favorite Way to Eat Cauliflower?
Read NextChicken and Squash Casserole