Pork and Beans Chili
- COOK TIME
- 50 Min
Our recipe for Pork and Beans Chili will please everyone in your house, even those that aren't following a diabetic diet. It's not only jam-packed with good taste, but we can feel good about serving it too!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can low-sodium diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup low-fat, low-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
What to Do
- In a soup pot, saute pork over high heat for 8 to 10 minutes. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic, and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of "Diabetes Forecast" magazine. For more information on diabetes, check out the American Diabetes Association website at www.diabetes.org or call 1-800-DIABETES.
Read NextWhite Chicken Chili