Mushroom and Spinach Egg Bake
Updated August 30, 2018
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 (3-inch) square
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
Wake up to a healthy start with this easy breakfast casserole! Our Mushroom and Spinach Egg Bake is loaded with protein and vitamin-rich spinach. We love it when we can have both healthy and tasty!
What You'll Need
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 cups packed fresh spinach
cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2
cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups egg substitute
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
teaspoon Italian seasoning
teaspoon salt (optional)
teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil; add spinach and cook about 2 minutes, or until spinach is wilted. Place spinach in baking dish.
- In the same skillet over medium-high heat, cook onion and mushrooms 4 to 5 minutes, or until soft. Place over spinach.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg substitute, cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, if desired, and pepper. Pour egg mixture over vegetables and stir gently until well combined.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until eggs are set in center. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
- This egg casserole is so easy, you can even prep it the night before! Just combine all the ingredients as mentioned above, cover, and place in the fridge overnight. Now when you wake up, all you need to do is pop it in the oven. It's that simple!
- Looking for another low-carb casserole recipe? Check out this collection of Low-Carb Casseroles!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Calories from Fat
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.