- COOK TIME
Flaky Cinnamon-Spiced Snapper is a great alternative to your ordinary dinner routine with just the right kick that the whole family will love!
What You'll Need
- 1 onion, cut in half and sliced
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained, broken up
cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin*
teaspoon ground cinnamon*
- 6 (4-ounce) red snapper fillets
What to Do
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray.*
- Heat the skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion; cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender, stirring constantly.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, lemon juice, cumin, and cinnamon; cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add the snapper to the skillet. Spoon the sauce over the top, cover, and cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve the fish topped with sauce.
To make this a gluten-free recipe, use nonstick cooking spray with no flour added, and seasonings with no added starch from a gluten-containing source.
To help speed up your preparation, have your fish cleaned and prepared when you buy it. The fish sellers can remove the skin, portion out your fish, and even remove the bones in many cases.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.