Updated June 22, 2018
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
The term 'Ahi' is really just the Hawaiian name for yellowfin tuna. Nowadays we can find it at most major supermarkets because of its popularity - and Zesty Sesame Tuna Steaks are a perfect anytime meal since they cook up in a flash!
What You'll Need
cup light soy sauce*
- 3 teaspoons wasabi paste
teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 (4-ounce) Ahi tuna steaks, 3/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine the soy sauce, wasabi paste, and cracked black pepper; mix well. Add the tuna and turn until thoroughly coated on both sides; let sit for 10 minutes.
- Coat a grill pan with cooking spray* and preheat over high heat.
- Place the sesame seeds in another shallow dish, add the tuna and turn to coat completely.
- Place in the grill pan and grill for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until browned or cooked to desired doneness. Thinly slice each piece of tuna and serve.
*To make this a gluten-free recipe, use gluten-free soy sauce, or pure tamari; and nonstick cooking spray with no flour added.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 2
Calories from Fat
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.