Old-Fashioned Baked Apples
Updated January 29, 2021
Old-Fashioned Baked Apples are almost a right of passage in autumn. And our delicious, diabetic-friendly dessert recipe means you can indulge in this tasty tradition too!
What You'll Need
- 2 tart apples, halved, cored
- 4 teaspoons granulated Splenda
teaspoon apple pie spice
cup frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange apple halves, cut side up, in 9-inch-square baking dish. Add water.
- Combine Splenda and apple pie spice; spoon mixture into center of apple halves. Cover with foil.
- Bake about 40 to 45 minutes, or until apples are fork tender. Remove apples and transfer liquid in baking dish to small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until most of liquid evaporates.
- Pour liquid over baked apple halves and dollop each with 1 tablespoon whipped topping; serve immediately.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.