- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
Miss America 1999, Nicole Johnson, joined Mr. Food on his show to share this favorite apple recipe of hers that everybody will love, including people on diabetes diets. As someone with diabetes herself, she knows that eating healthy doesn't mean sacrificing flavor. Plus, no one likes a lot of fuss, which is why this easy Apple Crisp recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes!
What You'll Need
- 6 medium apples, cored, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Coat a 9-inch microwave-safe pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, 2 tablespoons flour, sugar substitute, and cinnamon; mix well. Spoon into pie plate and cover with wax paper. Microwave on high power 4 to 6 minutes or until the apples are soft.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine remaining 2 tablespoons flour, the oats, and brown sugar; mix well. With a fork, blend in margarine until crumbly; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Serve warm.
- Original recipe courtesy of "Diabetes Forecast" magazine. For more information on diabetes, check out the American Diabetes Association Web site at www.diabetes.org or call 1-800-DIABETES.
- Love this easy Apple Crisp? We've some other Amazing Apple Dessert Recipes for you! Plus, for more of a variety, check out these Easy Diabetic Dessert Recipes, that have something for everyone!
Read NextSuper Strawberry Fluff