Guilt-Free Banana Pudding Pie
- SERVING SIZE
- CHILL TIME
- COOK TIME
When you're ready to indulge in a well-deserved dessert our Guilt-Free Banana Pudding Pie will really hit the spot. Because there's less sugar than there is in the traditional version of this normally super-sweet dessert, you're able to enjoy it just like everyone else.
What You'll Need
an 11-ounce box reduced-fat vanilla wafers
- 3 large ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 cups whole milk
- 7 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, separated
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a deep-dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- In the pie plate, layer half the vanilla wafers followed by half the banana slices. Repeat layers one more time; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, 5 tablespoons of sugar, the flour, vanilla extract, salt, and egg yolks. Cook over low heat about 10 minutes, or until thickened, stirring constantly. Pour pudding mixture over top of bananas.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add remaining sugar slowly to the egg whites and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue over the top of the pudding mixture.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden. Let cool, then chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 14
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.