Five Minute Tex Mex Couscous
Five Minute Tex Mex Couscous brings two cultures together for a side dish that blends the flavors of the American Southwest with the quick-cooking ease of a Mediterranean favorite! Serve this with a lean protein and you have a well-balanced, diabetic-friendly meal!
What You'll Need
- 1 (10-ounce) package couscous
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
What to Do
- Cook the couscous according to the package directions.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well. Add the couscous; mix until well combined. Serve at room temperature, or cover and refrigerate for serving cold.
NOTE: To make this a gluten-free recipe, use quinoa instead of couscous and use seasoning with no added starch from a gluten-containing source.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.