Updated May 17, 2018
- COOK TIME
- 8 Min
Did you know that the Chinese New Year is also known as the Spring Festival? That goes along with the belief that it is a chance to get a fresh start. Why not get that start with a bowl of our Chinese Chicken Soup?
What You'll Need
- 4 (14-ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
pound uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 cup fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 2 scallions, sliced
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine the chicken broth, water, soy sauce, mushrooms, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, and chicken over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the spaghetti and snow peas, and continue boiling for 8 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Top each serving with sliced scallions.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
Calories from Fat
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.