Creamed Cauliflower Spinach
Our version of creamed spinach features a secret ingredient that makes it low-carb and lighter than traditional creamed spinach recipes. The secret? It's cauliflower! Our Creamed Cauliflower Spinach is perfectly creamy and has great flavor. It's perfect for your holiday table or dinner spread.
What You'll Need
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
cup chopped onion
- 1 (5-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine
cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Place the cauliflower in a medium pot and fill with enough water to cover cauliflower. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to medium, and cook for 15 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Cook onion 4 to 5 minutes, or until soft. Add spinach, nutmeg and pepper; cook until wilted.
- Place cauliflower in a food processor or blender, add milk and margarine. Blend until smooth. Pour the cauliflower into the spinach mixture, add the cheese; mix well. Spoon into a small baking dish.
- Broil for 4 to 5 minutes, or until just golden brown.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.