Italian Stuffed Bell Peppers
- COOK TIME
Bell peppers take center-stage in our healthier-for-you Italian Stuffed Bell Peppers. Each bell pepper is stuffed with just the right amount of cheesy goodness and Italian seasoning to leave you feeling down-right satisfied.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup cooked whole grain rice
cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
teaspoon black pepper
- 4 green bell peppers
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine rice, onion, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce, garlic, Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and black pepper; mix well.
- Cut off bell pepper tops and remove seeds. Evenly spoon rice mixture into each bell pepper and place in an 8- x 8-inch square baking dish. Add water to baking dish and cover.
- Bake 25 minutes, uncover, sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese, and bake 8 to 10 more minutes, or until peppers are fork-tender.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.