Greenhouse Stuffed Peppers
Updated May 17, 2018
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
Enjoy a bounty of fresh veggies with this healthy recipe! These Greenhouse Stuffed Peppers look and taste great served over a pool of warm marinara sauce and topped with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
What You'll Need
- 2 bell peppers (any color), split lengthwise and cleaned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
cup chopped fresh parsley
cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
teaspoon black pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese for sprinkling (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Fill a medium saucepan half full with water and bring to a boil. Carefully place pepper halves in boiling water and boil 4 to 5 minutes, or just until they begin to soften. Remove peppers from boiling water and plunge into cold water; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and garlic and sauté just until softened. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients except pepper halves and Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Fill pepper halves with equal amounts of mixture and place in baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until the filling is heated through. Serve immediately.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Calories from Fat
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.