Greenhouse Stuffed Peppers
Updated December 04, 2019
- COOK TIME
Enjoy a bounty of fresh veggies with this healthy recipe! These Greenhouse Stuffed Peppers look and taste great served over a pool of warm marinara sauce and topped with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
What You'll Need
- 2 bell peppers (any color), split lengthwise and cleaned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
cup chopped fresh parsley
cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
teaspoon black pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese for sprinkling (optional)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Fill a medium saucepan half full with water and bring to a boil. Carefully place pepper halves in boiling water and boil 4 to 5 minutes, or just until they begin to soften. Remove peppers from boiling water and plunge into cold water; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and garlic and sauté just until softened. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients except pepper halves and Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Fill pepper halves with equal amounts of mixture and place in baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until the filling is heated through. Serve immediately.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.